Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation for
Your Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons
will give you instructions for your intravenous anesthesia. For questions and concerns please contact
the oral pathologists of Wichita OMS.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours before intravenous anesthesia sedation and dental surgery.
- A driver must remain in the office with the patient. A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the surgery and drive the patient home.
- Do not wear excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- Please remove nail polish and artificial nails on at least one finger prior to arrival.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not smoke before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the intravenous anesthesia sedation.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our staff prior to your surgical date for instructions.