We are so glad you and your doctor have chosen us to be your oral and maxillofacial surgery team! The first thing people ask when they are referred by their dentist, is "what do I need for my oral surgery?" At Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultants, we want you to be comfortable and understand the process of your initial consultation, surgery, and post-surgical visits.
- You will need a referral from your dentist who will provide our office with x-rays and other information our oral surgeons will need for your consultation.
- Schedule a consultation. Call our offices, either our East or West location, and provide the patient’s name and referring dentist’s name. You will be scheduled for an initial consultation.
- During the consultation, one of our oral surgeons will review your medical history, x-rays, and discuss the issue with you. A recommendation for surgery may happen at this visit.
- Scheduling surgery. You will work with our patient schedulers to determine the best day for your (or your loved one’s) oral surgery. During this time, you will be given:
- Our financial policy including anticipated insurance coverage and your financial responsibilities.
- Our guidelines for the day of surgery including policies about who can go into the surgical room (patients only), patients must have a responsible adult in the waiting room for them at all times during the surgery, patients must have someone drive them after the procedure, and several other important policies.
Please take time to read through the information in the menu to the left to fill out our Patient Information Form, to see what you will need to bring to your first visit, schedule an appointment, and learn more information about our insurance and financial policies. Thank you for choosing us!